Great Opportunity for a Storage Architect V, in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
Must have a TS/SCI with current polygraph.
Requires a solid tape library background.
This position is part of the program that supports the Enterprise Storage and Database Hosting, Backup and Recovery, Data Archive and Retrieval, and File and Block-based Corporate Storage Implementation in a Database Hosting Environment.
Apply directly to email@example.com
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Monitoring day-to-day operational backups
• Troubleshooting failures and correcting problems
• Working with the SAN and tape libarary management teams
• Working with server administrators to add new clients
• Performance monitoring and application tuning
• New policy creation and policy adjustments
• Production of reports for end users and group management
• Planning and coordinating application updates
• Identifying O/S and hardware issues for server management
• Baselining and planning new hardware for capacity growth and better performance
• Improve processes and process documentation
• Develop and document SOPs and troubleshooting procedures
• Media server and master server setup and system tuning
• Work with security team to establish connectivity, set standards, and ensure data protection
• Utilizing trouble tracking/ticketing systems such as JIRA
• Working with Perl and other scripts
• Available for 24/7 call-in support and adjustment of hours, when necessary
Some areas of experience that will help in being successful include: NetBackup, Fibre Channel tape libraries, SAN storage concepts - zoning and multipathing, Solaris 10, CentOS/RHEL 5 and 6, Windows 2008 and 2012 server, IP networking (including firewalling, DNS, and multihomed hosts), Symantec/Veritas clustering, VxFS, ZFS, Symantec OpsCenter reporting, and process documentation and improvement skills. An ability to interact with various levels of server administrators is necessary.
Top Skills Required:
Solid tape library background to include:
-Experience with ACSLS, and ACSLS Security is preferred
-Experience with tape and disk used in a SAN environment with RH Linux servers
-StorNext File system and storage manager experience
-Experience in maintaining a backup infrastructure, to include tuning and troubleshooting NetBackup systems.
-Experience with Installation and configuration of backup clients, media servers, and SAN clients, along with an ability to perform upgrades, configuration management, and management of SAN devices. This includes experience with Fibre Channel tape units (particularly ACS units from StorageTek) and high-volume tape libraries.
-Experience with corporate backup and recovery, using NetBackup, (Preferably with shared storage option and multiple media servers) - including upgrading and installing new servers. Includes Symantec OpsCenter (Reporting for NetBackup)
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications:
-One of the following DoD approved 8570 certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
-Must be available for on-call support.
-B.S. Degree with minimum 12 years of experience, or approved equivalent combined education and experience is required.
-Possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), less than 5%.